Sunday, January 23, 2011

Like a Duck

Today at church a sweet lady came up to me and said she could tell I wasn't having a very good day. Maybe it was because I was crying uncontrollably in church? And so she asked, "Is everything okay? You always seem so happy and put together.....but not today." I said, "Yeah it's just a bunch of little things. I'm just having a bad day." Then she said, "So you're like that duck on the lake. You look so calm and peaceful on the surface, but take a look underneath and you're kicking like crazy doing everything you can to stay afloat." And I thought, "I couldn't have said it better myself." Then I cried some more.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Oh I have never heard that example before, that is probably true on some days. But I believe you have a great gift of organization, and I know that Heavenly Father is watching over you, and is with you and your little girls. On some days you are like that duck, but I thing most days you are like an eagle. Strong, beautiful, and can see afar off...can see the future, and that it is bright.